Horde not able to preview email.

Alvin info at alvin.be
Thu Jan 12 10:43:14 CET 2012

On 4/10/2011 23:52, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> [...]
[...]
>> I ran dpkg-reconfigure locales
>> and it seems to be working properly.
>
> For the record: This is already mentioned in 1st.README:
>      - Your system (C library) has to support all languages you want to
>        have available in the web admin interface, the web client and
>        fbview. For most languages you have to use the non-UTF-8 and
>        non-euro locales, i.e. de_DE, fr_FR, it_IT, nl_NL instead of
>        e.g. de_DE at euro. For fbview some languages need a UTF-8 locale,
>        e.g. ja_JP.UTF-8 for Japanese.  The web client needs UTF-8
>        locale in addition to the non-UTF-8 ones in some situations.  So
>        it's best to install all variants for every language which shall
>        be supported.  See kolab/issue2732 (Horde and Web Admin
>        Interface Language Selection depends on OS locale support) for
>        details.
>
> I think we'll need to update these instruction to also include the webclient.

I don't manage to make Horde see the locale on Debian Squeeze.
I ran # dpkg-reconfigure locales and chose en_US.UTF-8 as default. This
puts the chosen locales in /etc/locale.gen and the default in
/etc/default/locale.

Still, the messages can't be previewed in Horde. They can be seen when
opened. Is there something else to be done?