iPhone sync problems with all day events (and timezones!)

Greg Conway gconway at gmlnt.com
Wed Feb 15 00:46:10 CET 2012

Hi all,

I am struggling through most of my iPhone related issues, but I have one
issue that I cannot seem to resolve, with all day events.

Let me first explain (as it may well be related) that I also have a time
zone problem. Initially my z-push logs, and also apache, horde and php logs
were one hour out.

To resolve this I found that within
/kolab/etc/kolab/templates/php.ini.template the time zone was hard-coded to
Europe/Berlin - I amended this to Europe/London.

Within /kolab/var/kolab/www/z-push/config.php I replaced the default code
(to look up the system time zone) and with a line to set the time zone to
Europe/London.

After these two amendments all my logs are now correct.

All this sounds like my time zone is set incorrectly within CentOS, but
system time zone is correctly set to Europe/London (with UTC enabled).

On the iPhone the time zone is set to London.

If I enable calendar time zones then any appointments created within Horde
that then sync down to the iPhone are created in time zone Europe/Berlin.

However, it is okay for me to disable time zone support on the iPhone, and
like that time zones are not an issue. So let's not dwell on that one!

if I create an all-day event on the iPhone, the "AllDayEvent" flag is ticked
and the event sits nicely at the top of the calendar.

The current problem is that If I then edit that appointment in Horde, or
create a new all-day event in Horde, when the event syncs back down to the
iPhone the "AllDayEvent" flag has cleared, and the appointment appears as a
calendar entry from 00:00 to 00:00, rather than sitting at the top of the
calendar where it should (and does if the last edit was with the iPhone!)

I've included the z-push debug.txt output from the sync operation here
(http://gregconway.com/kolab_debug_txt_140212.txt) - does anybody know why
this is happening, and what I can do to fix it?! J

I am running Kolab 2.3.4 on CentOS 5.7.

Many thanks for any help!

Regards,

Greg Conway.