webadmin login with Kolab 3 on CentOS 6.3

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Sun Dec 16 23:27:45 CET 2012

On 2012-12-16 19:06, Adam Gold wrote:
> Hi there. I've just installed Kolab 3 on Centos 6.3 but I'm having
> trouble logging into the webadmin (talk about falling at the first
> hurdle). For the username I enter "cn=Directory Manager" (without
> quotes) and then the password I chose during the setup. The page hangs
> for a bit and then returns the message "internal system error". If I
> check the webadmin logs I get the following message: "PHP Error: Login
> failed. Unable to connect to tcp://[public ip]:80. Error: Connection
> timed out (POST)".
>
>  The kolab server sits on a private network behind a gateway so my
> exact login is http://gateway-ip/kolab-webadmin. I've configured the
> gateway to forward the traffic and the fact that the login page comes
> up suggests outside requests to the webserver on the kolab server are
> indeed getting through. I've checked with netstat to see if if the the
> ldap server is listening on port 389 and it is.

The server itself is attempting to connect to its API using
tcp://[public ip]:80, while your router seems to only forward traffic on
port 80 that originates from the internet.

You can set the api_url setting in /etc/kolab/kolab.conf, as per [1],
so that the server can find its API.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

[1]