Calendar event error - Kolab 3

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Sun Dec 16 13:50:35 CET 2012

On 2012-12-14 11:13, Philip Trickett (List) wrote:
> If I try to add a calendar event, I get an error "Unable to save
> changes" in roundcube.
>
> Looking in logs does not show an error in roundcube logs,
> /var/log/maillog or any kolab logs.
>
> Would anyone have any suggestions?

For Roundcube not being able to save the changes, I would say that the
following logs could bear messages with meaning:

- /var/log/roundcubemail/errors
- /var/log/httpd/error_log

For message exchange (in case participants were invited and invitations
were to be sent out), the following logs could bear meaningful messages
as well:

- /var/log/roundcubemail/errors
- /var/log/httpd/error_log
- /var/log/maillog
- /var/log/kolab/pykolab.log

You mentioned /var/log/roundcubemail/errors is not showing any errors,
so how about /var/log/httpd/error_log?

We've seen an issue before, that logrotate creates
/var/log/roundcubemail/* log files with the wrong permissions on them,
and therefore the actual error might not be logged at all -
/var/log/httpd/error_log should have a word or two about that. chown -R
apache:apache /var/log/roundcubemail/ should resolve it.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Systems Architect, Kolab Systems AG