Kolab 3 Test Install Issues

Ian Coubrough ian at gibbetdale.net
Fri Dec 14 14:04:27 CET 2012

Hi,

I have been evaluating the Kolab 3 release candidate installation on a
CentOS 6.2 virtual machine:

So far I have these issues/comments:

1.  Creating a new Group
Although the program reports the group as being created, it does not
appear under the list of groups,  investigation shows that the LDAP
entry is created under the root dn and not ou=groups,  moving that entry
manually corrects the problem

2. Creating a task
System responds with "Data not saved"

3. Creating a Calendar Entry
System responds with "Failed to save changes"

4. SyncKolab plugin for Firefox
Contacts existing in Kolab are correctly imported into Firefox, however
contacts from Firefox do not appear in Roundcube  though they do appear
in the Firefox Contacts folder (under the Kolab Account) in message
format (Viewed in Firefox the Subject format is different on the
contacts imported from Firefox  eg:  Kolab Contact subject
7ef9eec2-45ed-11e2-8fd5-000c29c05c80,  Firefox import Subject:
sk-vc-E74B43FEE486A169).

5.  Syncroton - Microsoft Active Sync:
Managed to connect my Galaxy S2 to the server, and emails are
downloaded, but they are in SMime format and I have not managed to sort
out the certification problem to allow me to read them - any help on
this much appreciated.  This could be a Samsung problem as I have not
tested on anything else.

6.  OwnCloud
I have downloaded and installed OwnCloud,  and I can browse to that
application as https://my-server-address/owncloud, but I would be
grateful if someone could point me in the right direction as to how to
integrate this into Kolab/Roundcube.

Thanks

Ian