Kolab 3.0 with Debian Wheezy

Stefan Fröhlich stefan-f at dodo.com
Tue Dec 4 11:10:09 CET 2012

On 4/12/2012 9:57 AM, Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) wrote:
> On 2012-12-04 07:42, Stefan Fröhlich wrote:
>> On 4/12/2012 2:09 AM, Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) wrote:
>>> The output of "kolab lm" would be more useful.
>>>
>>> If your mailbox doesn't exist, restarting kolabd may be necessary.
>>> IIRC, on Debian that is /etc/init.d/kolab-server.
>>>

>> Hi Jeroen,
>>

> Hi Stefan,
>
> I would appreciate if you continued to keep the mailing list copied on
> your replies to my replies.

Sorry, my fault. It was a long time since I used mailing lists ...

>> the output of kolab lm is not useful in this case because it is
>> exactly the same as on the CentOS box:
>>
>> user/some at some.some
>> (...snip...)
>> user/someother at some.some
>> (...snip...)
>>

> The output is useful in that it validates the mailbox for
> stefan at abcde.com.au does in fact exist.
>
> It leads me to conclude that while your login is successful, the
> username is not canonified to the appropriate result attribute value
> correctly.
>
> Could you let us know what the 'mail' attribute value for the user
> stefan looks like (in LDAP), and whether or not logging in with
> stefan at abcde.com.au (rather then 'stefan') works (if indeed that is what
> you are doing)?
In fact I use a real existing australian domain instead of abcde, but
indeed logging in with stefan at abcde.com.au rather than stefan works
great. Thank you very much.
On my CentOS system i can see the following line:
imap[2111] canonified stefan -> stefan at abcde.com.au

while on Debian there is only
imap[2761] canonified stefan -> stefan

Any ideas?