Virtual release

Der Keim der.keim at gmx.de
Mon Aug 27 21:17:46 CEST 2012

Am 27.08.2012 10:58, schrieb Torsten Grote:
> On Friday 24 August 2012 23:29:41 Der Keim wrote:
>> I tried to install Kolab as described in the quick installation guide
>> (https://www.kolab.org/blog/grote/2012/07/18/kolab-3.0-pre-alpha-release-an
>> d-installation).
> There is more detailed instructions available at
>
> http://docs.kolab.org/en-
> US/Kolab_Groupware/3.0/html/Community_Installation_Guide/index.html
>
>> So my question: Since I am only with the Linux basics and have not too
>> much time, would it possible for you to provide a virtual centos kolab
>> system for virtualbox? So that I only have to configure Kolab via
>> Webbrowser?
> Setting up and running a Kolab Server does require some operating system
> knowledge as well as some time.
>
> May I ask what your use case is? So how would you use your Kolab Server once
> set up? How many users would it have etc.?
Thanks for your answer. I know that OS knowledge should be given, but
perhaps I can save time by easy installation scripts or virtualization.
I need it for private reasons to avoid using Google for example. I need
about 5 accounts, calendar, contacts (with images) and of course email.
This should work via webmailer, mobile phone and desktop application.
That's all...

keim