Kolab on powerpc

Paul Klos kolab at klos2day.nl
Wed Aug 8 21:08:33 CEST 2012

Hi Guys,

I run kolab on my Excito Bubba|2, which has a PowerPC architecture. The distro
is debian-based. Up until 2.3.4 I have always built kolab from the Openpkg
source packages.

If I want to upgrade to 2.4 and later to 3.0 I expect I will have to build
from source as well.

Is this correct, and, if yes, is there any documentation that might help me?

Also, because the server itself isn't very powerful, I'd like to cross-compile
on a different machine If I can get that to work (a complete openpkg
installation used to take 3-4 days I think). Any pointers here?

Cheers,

Paul