Mail not displaying in DIMP, was Re: Problems with Horde Interface after upgrade from 2.2.4 to 2.3.2

Mike Brady mike.brady at devnull.net.nz
Sun Sep 4 04:26:21 CEST 2011

Quoting Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at kolabsys.com>:

> Quoting Mike Brady <mike.brady at devnull.net.nz>:
>
>> Quoting Christoph Wickert <wickert at kolabsys.com>:

>>> Ok, same question for you then: Are you running Debian or Ubuntu and do you
>>> have all required locales in UTF8 *and* ISO on the system? If not,
>>> please run
>>> dpkg-reconfigure.
>>>
>>> This is mentioned in 1st.README, however I wonder if we need to
>>> point it out
>>> more explicitly as so many people seem to not read that part.
>>>
>>> Please let me know it this solves your problems.
>>>
>> I am running Centos 5.6 x86_64.
>>
>> Is there a change in behavior between 2.2.4 and 2.3.2 with regards to
>> locales?  In my case this is an upgrade from 2.4.2 and it works.
>>
>> I had to rollback to 2.2.4,but will bring the 2.3.2 system up to check
>> this.  This is unlikely to happen before the weekend.
>
> Were you able to verify the issue?
>
> Can you check if it is related to either
>
>   https://issues.kolab.org/issue4743
>   https://issues.kolab.org/issue4739
>
> Confirmation would be good as both are scheduled for 2.3.3 but I'd
> like to ensure there are no more issues in the same area. Thanks!
>
> Gunnar

It looks like one of the issues that I experienced was issue4739.  Setting

$conf['image']['convert'] = false;

as suggested allows me to read emails that I could not open at all before.

However,  I still have the following issues:

1) No calendar entries are viewable in the Horde interface after the
upgrade.  The entries are still in the imap folder, there are just not
viewable.
2) Most, if not all, user settings in the Horde interface are gone,
including Remote Calendars.
3) There are still emails that do not preview, but can be opened
otherwise.  This is a Centos 5.5 system with "all" locales installed.
By all I mean that running the locale -a command lists 650 locales and
includes UTF8 and iso88591 character sets for en_NZ and en_US which
are the only locales that I am using.

I have gone back to my working 2.2.4 system again, but can get any
information that is needed to help resolve this off the 2.3.2 system.

Just a thought.  This was an upgrade from 2.2.4 to 2.3.2.  Should I
have upgraded to 2.3.0 first?

Regards

Mike