Horde not able to preview email.

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at horde.org
Mon Oct 3 21:01:53 CEST 2011

Quoting Geoff Nordli <geoffn at gnaa.net>:

> Just did a fresh install of Kolab on Debian x64.
>
> I needed to install 2.3.2, then do the upgrade to 2.3.3 (because of
> the missing perl digest package).
>
> When I select a message in Horde, it doesn't preview it properly and
> gives me an error:
>
> "Your server is unable to render UTF-8 message. The preview won't
> work. Please contact your administrator."
>
> Any ideas on how to fix that?

This is the fix that went into 2.3.3 in order to deal with
https://issues.kolab.org/issue4743

Now there are two possibilities:

1) Either you really don't have the necessary locale data available
2) the fix was too generic and catches a situation it should not.

For 1) you should refer to the locale hints provided in the issue I
linked above. For 2) you would need to revert  the patch from

http://git.kolab.org/server/tree/kolab-webclient/dimp/patches/dimp-1.1.6/issue4743.diff?h=2.3-stable&id=89866120a13b442e1f08629d8b551ce055fcac3a

If the message is displayed just fine after reverting the patch
(without modifying anything about the locales installed) the fix was
too generic.

Cheers,

Gunnar