Problem upgrading kolab binary packages from Lenny to Squeeze

John McMonagle johnm at advocap.org
Tue Nov 15 18:46:41 CET 2011

On Tuesday 15 November 2011 11:01:52 am Christoph Wickert wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 November 2011 17:13:44 John McMonagle wrote:
> > Sorry about re-posting but upon further research need to ask the question
> > differently.

> > I need some sort of solution soon.
>
> Please keep in mind that we do this kind of support basically for free in
> our free time and cannot offer response times. If you need that because you
> are running a critical infrastructure, please get in touch with us for a
> SLA.

Sorry if my post was cryptic.
Thanks again for the assistance.
I plan to upgrade on Saturday and need some time to work out the details after
I get these issues figured out.
> > I can stay at lenny for now but at some point this needs to be dealt with
> > it.
>
> You don't need to stay at Lenny but continue to use the Lenny binaries.
> However Lenny support will be phased out at some point, so if you are
> installing a new server anyway, I suggest you do a fresh install with
> Squeeze packages and then use rsync to transfer the relevant data (e.g. the
> mail spool).

Is there  documentation on what to copy over?
My guess is all of /kolab/var/imap and possibly the horde user configs.
Then fix settings in /kolab/etc/kolab based on the old installation.

For you to detail all that needs to be done is way beyond what I expect.

Again thanks for the help.

John