Kontact on Windows - Problems with deleting

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Wed Nov 9 12:12:16 CET 2011

Hi,

On Tuesday 08 November 2011 17:14:26 Jochen May wrote:
> Hallo!
>
> I use know for a while the actual Kontact Client for Windows without any
> bigger problems. Only one thing is a little bit strange:
Great to hear :)

> When i delete an mail, the mail disapear from the mail-folder. But on the
> next sync, the mail is putted back in the mail folder. I can delete the
> mail again and after the next sync, the mail is back in the folder. Even if
> i press the right mouse button or click and drop the mail to move it to the
> trash, it ´s the same. It will be back every time...
> The funny thing is that the mail disappear from the folder and show up in
> the trash folder. And after the next sync, the mail ist still in the trash
> folder and in the normal folder.
I've tested this with Version 4.7.1 and it worked as it should. I've deleted a
mail on windows, then synced and it got deleted. And it was also deleted in
my linux client's inbox. So everything ok for me and it's not a general
problem.

> If i move an mail to any other folder, no matter if it´s via right mouse
> button or click and drop, the mail is moved without any problems...
Mh then i guess it's no an access right problem, i first suspected that you
don't have write access for your inbox (which would have been strange indeed)

> The OS is Windows 7 Professional
I also use this.

Sorry that i can't help you, you should probably open a bugreport at
bugs.kde.org where we can document more about this issue, maybe some debug
output from debugview.

If you open a bugreport at bugs.kde.org please put me in cc.

Regards,
Andre