Issues with 2.3.0 - 2.3.1 upgrade

Paul Klos kolab at klos2day.nl
Mon May 2 19:58:32 CEST 2011

First, my system is a PowerPC (Excito Bubba 2, in fact) running Debian
Squeeze.

A few weeks ago I upgraded to Kolab 2.3.0 without too many problems apart from
an issue with my quarantine folder, which I posted about earlier (no answer
yet....anybody?).

Anyway, last night I started the 2.3.0 to 2.3.1 upgrade and this morning I
found that compiling openldap had failed with the error described here:
https://wiki.kolab.org/Kolab2_Server_Troubleshooting_-
_Compiling#Fail_to_build_from_source_with_error:_conflicting_types_for_.27getline.27.

After I applied the fix decribed I continued the upgrade process, which ran
until compiling Apache failed. I attached the log file. I found this link:
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-bugs/2009-05/msg04697.html which led me to
undo the fix for the earlier error. Guess what, the upgrade continued.

So it seems the fix for one problem created another. I figured this might be
useful for others so I post it here. The upgrade is still running at this
time, so I can't report a 100% success yet, but so far so good.

Cheers,

Paul