blank email (error 500 in horde) with big attachments

Xavier Brochard xavier at alternatif.org
Mon Mar 7 10:32:50 CET 2011

Hello

Thanks for the help. I was thinking about a memory problem but didn't know
where to start.

What really troubles me is that there is absolutely nothing regarding this
error in Apache logs (even in debug mode).

While I'm experienced with Apache + Perl or cgi,  I have a very limited
knowledge on Apache + PHP. In the template, I've found this, with Perl I
would increase each value, should I?
max_execution_time = 120
; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds
max_input_time     = 60
; Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data
memory_limit       = 64M
; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume
post_max_size      = 8M
; Maximum amount of POST data accepted

Currently, I've just double the allowed memory, and it work (we are starting
to receive really big emails attachments since we are working with people in
Paris who are using FiberOptic connexions).

Thanks again
xavier