Z-Push Email on the Nokia N900

Alain Abbas alain.abbas at libertech.fr
Sat Mar 5 10:06:02 CET 2011

Mike Brady a écrit :
> For the most part I have my n900 working with Z-Push 0.7.3, including
> getting client certificates to work.
>
> However, I have a few of questions with regards to email.
>
> 1) The Wiki says "Email is probably better done using IMAP."  Is this
> still true?  Should I not be trying to do email with Z-Push?

For now Zpush doesnt handle HTML in the mail body and converts it in TEXT
the result is that html email are not displayed well .

> 2) I cannot send email using MfE on the n900.  When I do it says that
> "Message Sent to Outbox waiting to be sent", then it says that it has
> sent it and I see the email synced into the Sent folder on the Kolab
> server, but the email is never sent. Also the message in the sent
> folder does not have a subject even though one was entered.

i dont have this issue on android or iphone
> 3) Syncing email works, but it syncs all email folders.  Is there any
> way to only sync what is in the Inbox?

YEs for the moment there are no ways by zpush/backend to select the
folders . We will do like
for the calendars or contacts but not now (we are working on performances )

Alain
Regards