best client for Mac OS X

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Jun 22 10:43:32 CEST 2011

Am Montag, 20. Juni 2011 20:30:27 schrieb Geoff Nordli:
> What are people running on Mac's?

> I also installed Kontact e5 on Windows 7 and it seems that app has a fairly
> long ways to go to get to production level.

It is true that E5 still needs a lot of work to be as stable as
the Enterprise 3.5 is today. For some users it already starts to be usable,
though. I know some people who run Kontact e5 on Mac successfully as well,
but they have experience with running KDE Plattform 4 based software on Mac.

The place to ask or help is:

> It is also pretty resource intensive (by looking at all the processes it
starts up).

The number of processes does not correlate with the overall need of resources,
the same codebase as Kontact is running nicely as Kontact Touch on Smartphones
which have very restricted resources. Actually I believe the needed resources
have been reduced from E35 to E5.

> Kontact e5 will be the preferred client app, is that right?

We are open for anyone that adopts the Kolab specification and wants to be
fully compatible. Standard communication protocols like ActiveSync and IMAP
can of course be used by any client that speak them.

> Does anyone have some ideas on the timeline for E5?

This mainly depends on the help and funding that comes in
to progress E5. ;)

Best Regards,
Bernhard

--
Managing Director + Owner: www.Intevation.net <- A Free Software Company
Kolabsys.com: Board Member          FSFE.org: Founding GA Member