Potentially an interesting evening project

Georg C. F. Greve greve at kolabsys.com
Wed Jun 8 18:41:30 CEST 2011

Hi all,

With Kolab Server 2.3.2 we now have the latest postfix.

This means we also have postscreen [1] available.

Naturally, this may not excite you very much per se. But then, the ability to
catch 80% and more of all spam before it even enters the system and needs to
go through mailman & spamassassin should at least generate *some* interest. ;)

If you're wondering about the 80%, Ralf Hildebrandt gave some good numbers in
a speech [2] earlier this year (page 22 onwards, German mostly, unfortunately)
that make this seem a rather conservative estimate.

So I've been thinking it would make an interesting evening project to look at
how to adjust the Kolab postfix templates to make use of postscreen and
document that on wiki.kolab.org.

But realistically speaking I won't find that time for some week(s) to come.

So if anyone else feels like playing with this, I'd love to hear about
results.

Best regards,
Georg

[1] http://www.postfix.org/POSTSCREEN_README.html