SMTP problem with 2.3.2

Nicholas Moore nicholas.moore at tsr-i.com
Wed Jun 8 13:23:48 CEST 2011

I have just carried out a new install of 2.3.2 onto a 32 bit virtual
server, running OpenSuse 11.4. The installation executed without any
problems, as did the subsequent bootstrap.

I created one user, and configured an imap account on Thunderbird,
running on the same server. I used the equivalent imap and smtp account
settings that are used to connect to our live Kolab 2.2.4 server.

I attempted to send a message from Thunderbird but it failed to connect
to the smtp server.

Logged onto webmail using Firefox and tried to send the same message but
received the following error message (horde.log attached):
/
Failed to connect to loacalhost:587[SMTP:failed to connect
socket:Connection refused]/

There are no log entries in openladap, postfix or saslauthd.

This is a vanilla installation, with no modifications, I am stumped, any
clues where to look would be appreciated.

Nicholas