Unable to do a binary upgrade

Christoph Wickert wickert at kolabsys.com
Tue Jun 7 09:24:06 CEST 2011

On Monday 06 June 2011 22:19:59 Paul Klos wrote:
> sh install-kolab.sh -X
>
> This created a new 00INDEX.rdf file, as expected.
>
> Now, the new file is a lot bigger than the original one I downloaded:
> 464020 vs. 3512600 bytes, so 3.5M instead of 450k.
>
> The new file has all the packages in it twice, both source and binary.

This is normal. If you create 00INDEX.rdf only for source packages, openpkg
needs to only calculate the build dependencies. If you have binaries as well,
it need to deal with not only the build dependencies but also the runtime
dependencies plus the build dependencies of the binaries. Thus the increased
size.

Regards,
Christoph

--