kolab lack of x86_64 packages

Divan Santana divan.santana at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 05:12:01 CEST 2011

On Monday 06 June 2011 02:42:26 Mark Berndt wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Jun 2011 08:41:00 pm you wrote:
> > On Friday 15 April 2011 20:18:03 Divan Santana wrote:
> > > Firstly, congrats on kolab 2.3.0 release! :)
> > >

> > > I was just wondering how come there is a lack of x86_64 packages?
> > > There is and has always been x86 packages and source but no x86_64
> > > packages.
> > >

> > > In todays time 99% of linux servers I come across are x86_64 installs
> > > so it  seems unusual.
> > >

> > > Are there problems with kolab on 64 bit arch or is it fine and good
> > > practice to  use 64 bit systems and install kolab from source?
> > >

> > > Greetings :)
> >

> > Anyone?
>
> Disregard the bit about building the packages - that was for kontact.
>
> I install kolab from source on amd64 - it takes several hours.

Yeah, I've been doing that too however the same question remains.

Why aren't there prebuilt packages for x86_64 for debian and rather ix86
packages only?

In this day and age, 99% of computers we use are x86_64, especially for
groupware servers you would expect to rather find x86_64 packages.

Lastly, I hope the wiki is fixed soon.