How to setup IMAPS and SMTPS in Kolab?

Advrk Aplmrkt avkaplmkt at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 19:16:00 CEST 2011

I've successfully installed Kolab 2.3.2 on my Linux machine, and have
been able to access the admin page, create a user, and login to Horde.
Right now, I am using a dynamic DNS hostname from DynDNS that's linked
to the dynamic IP provided by my ISP.
I tried to setup a test Thunderbird client to connect to my Kolab
server. But I don't know how to correctly setup the server to accept
such connections (IMAPS and SMTPS), and what domain/hostname I should
specify in Thunderbird's settings?
So far I tried to setup IMAPS as [hostname] at port 993, but
Thunderbird couldn't make the connection. I also have no idea how to
setup SMTPS. (I checked my server's firewall, its port 993 is open,
but I don't know which to open for SMTPS, and how to enable it in
Kolab).
Any specific instructions would be great. Thank you.