Setup Kolab+postfix when using Smarthost but have registered FQDN

Csanyi Pal csanyipal at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 09:43:20 CEST 2011

Hi,

I have installed Kolab2 server on Debian GNU/Linux Squeeze system using
debian packages and my kolab-server works well.

I have problem with my registered domain name, the FQDN is
csanyi-pal.info.

Because my Debian system gets it's IP address dynamically from my ISP's
dhcp-server, so I need to relay all email via SASL authenticated
connections to mine ISP's relay. [1]

The hostname of my system I get running 'hostname' is 'bubba', and the
domainname I get running 'dnsdomainname' is 'localdomain'.

So when I was run 'kolab_bootstrap -b' I give information such as:
Please enter Hostname including Domain Name (e.g. thishost.domain.tld)
[bubba.localdomain]: csanyi-pal.info
Proceeding with Hostname csanyi-pal.info

Please enter your Maildomain - if you do not know your mail domain use
the fqdn from above [csanyi-pal.info]: stcable.net
proceeding with Maildomain stcable.net
Kolab primary email addresses will be of the type user at stcable.net

So I'm konfused here and want to know how should I set these variables
mentioned abowe such as Hostname and Maildomain knowing that that I must
use relaying via SASL authenticated connections to mine ISP's relay?

Should I give my FQDN: csanyi-pal.info here at all?
Should I give my ISP's smtp server: smtp.stcable.net here?

If I did so, then I get Distribution Lists:
MAILER-DAEMON at stcable.net
abuse at stcable.net
hostmaster at stcable.net
postmaster at stcable.net
virusalert at stcable.net

and then my ISP shell get those mails mailed to one of the abowe mail
adresses and not me. Hm, that would be not good. :(

How can I resolve this situation, so not my ISP but me to get those
mails?

[1] http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/postfix/2011-07/0541.html

--
Regards, Pal