LDAP Error: failed to modify kolab configuration object: No such object

Gavin McCullagh gavin.mccullagh at gcd.ie
Wed Jul 20 17:33:37 CEST 2011

On Wed, 20 Jul 2011, Csanyi Pal wrote:

> With the Debian system come the natively installed exim4 MTA too. That
> is the default case. exim4 was installed on Bubba when I get it from
> Sweden.

You will need to either disable or remove exim4.  Two programs may not
listen on TCP port 25 at once.

> > 3. Ran the installer with these options, it completed
> > successfully/with errors/failed.
>
> As root I was run the command:
>  # aptitude install kolab

You are installing using the Debian packages, not the OpenPkg packages.
Unless something has changed recently, this is not the supported method
right now -- though it may be in the future.  When I install Kolab, I use
the OpenPkg -- not because I like OpenPkg but because it's what the Kolab
community supports.

As described here:

http://kolab.org/download.html

> Because I installed kolabd from binary packages, I don't have any README
> files at the beginning of the installation.

It's here:

http://files.kolab.org/server/release/kolab-server-2.3.2/ix86-debian6.0/1st.README

and the installer is here:

http://files.kolab.org/server/release/kolab-server-2.3.2/ix86-debian6.0/install-kolab.sh

By all means soldier on with the Debian Packages, but just be aware that
this is not the supported method to install kolab (yet).

Gavin