Installing Kolab so exim4 don't must to uninstall?

Christoph Wickert wickert at kolabsys.com
Mon Jul 18 08:37:46 CEST 2011

On Saturday 16 July 2011 16:50:09 Csanyi Pal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> on my Debian GNU/Linux Squeeze operating system if I want to install
> kolabd debian package then exim4 must be uninstall first.
>
> Are there any solution that allow to use Kolab with exim4 MTA?

This is a question of packaging, not of the software itself. You either will
have to build your own postfix or exim4 packages or use the openpkg packages
as they don't interfere with apt.

But it's not clear to me what exactly you are trying to achieve. I mean, *why*
do you want to keep another mta? Kolab uses a complex postfix setup and runs 3
instances of postfix. Sure, you can replace one or the other but you will will
loose all the configuration kolab does for you.

Regards,
Christoph

--
Christoph Wickert