how does Bynari contribute to the Kolab community?

Gavin McCullagh gavin.mccullagh at gcd.ie
Wed Jul 13 11:38:43 CEST 2011

Hi guys,

we've looked briefly at paying for some of the Bynari products to extend
Kolab.  Pricing for Kolab+Bynari, compared with Exchange is quite
competitive.  However, it seems to me that much of this competitiveness is
based on Kolab.  It is also true that Kolab's competitiveness is based on
Cyrus+OpenLDAP+Horde+PHP+etc. and I'm pretty sure Bynari are working in
accordance with the licenses (as are Kolab of course).

However, I was just wondering, do Bynari contribute back to the Kolab
community and in what ways?  It's pretty clear to me that Kolab developers
are contributing back at least to Horde and Cyrus.

If we're going to pay for something based on pricing that competes with
Exchange, I'd like to feel like I'm paying toward the whole cake, and not
just the icing.

Gavin