Kolab as hosting platform

Doug Finch dfinch at bynari.net
Fri Jul 1 17:15:00 CEST 2011

Hello Liutauras,
I apologize if this sounds like an "advertisement" - I truly don't mean it to sound that way, but I wanted to let you know what Bynari has done with Kolab.

Through some significant customization, we have overcome this issue in our latest Bynari Collaboration Suite (BCS) server.  By using our server administration component (IntelliPanel), admins can create individual companies that can be independently searched by domain maintainers as well as address searching in our new webclient.

I've just recently added a page to our website with some screenshots if you're interested in looking at what we have.  (http://www.bynari.net/bynari.php?page=screenshots)  I currently only have a few IntelliPanel screenshots, as time permits, I will add more.

We currently have service providers in the US and Europe using BCS successfully in a multi-tenant environment.  We also have the ability to limit licensing by domain or leaving it completely open (as many domains as you want).  The licensing component of IntelliPanel gives service providers the ability to control who uses what services too.  For example, if you have a VPS or other type of Virtualized service that you're selling to a company and they have root access, they may try to simply add users using "ldapadd".  Since our base is a Kolab server, they can do that - and we do not limit them in this respect.  BUT - those users cannot utilize the "commercial" functions such as IntelliPanel or our new web 2.0 WebClient (based on Outlook 2010).  If those users need to be added in so that they can use those service (e.g. if you just want to bulk add users), we have a method for handling that too.

We've truly targeted this product to leverage the power of the Kolab server in a service provider environment.  If you are interested in looking at BCS, you can download a fully functional trial from our website: http://www.bynari.net/bynari.php?page=collaboration

In the beginning of Q4, we are releasing standalone versions of IntelliPanel and the Groupware WebClient for standard Kolab servers.

Regards,

Doug Finch
CTO
222 W Las Colinas Blvd, Suite 1540E
Irving, Tx  75039
http://www.bynari.net
(800)241-1086
(469)341-7780
Skype ID: dfsixstring
The Leader in messaging and collaboration software