test run of upgrade from 2.2.2 to 2.2.4 issues.

John McMonagle johnm at advocap.org
Fri Jan 28 02:05:57 CET 2011

My kolab is running under xen and I'm doing a test run of upgrade from 2.2.2
to 2.2.4.

Made a snaphot of the current installation.
real is mail.advocap.org snapshot is mailtest.advocap.org.

I changed the host name and ip address.
changed  fqdnhostname in kolab.conf and ran kolabconf

Did upgrade.

Merged in needed changes from .rpmsave files in kolab/templates.
ran kolabconf and restarted kolab.

Ran the kolab web admin program and changed occurrences of mail to mailtest.

Imap  looks OK via thunderbird
When I run horde it works but it's it reading imap from mail.advocap.org not
mailtest.advocap.org.  I  got that sort of working by putting an entry in
/etc/hosts  to point mail.advocap.org to the local ip.

Next problem I can not send mail.
From postfix log:
Jan 27 18:17:23 mailtest.advocap.org <info> postfix/pipe[19567]: E3AE32099AC:
to=<johnm at advocap.org>, relay
=kolabmailboxfilter, delay=0.32, delays=0.02/0.03/0/0.27, dsn=5.3.0,
status=bounced (input/output error)

kolabfilter does not seem to be running.

While I suspect the real upgrade works be fine I'd like to test if possible.
At least I know some of it works :-)
Is there something really wrong, is there a way to fake it or do I need to
figure some way to preserver it's entire network environment?
Like to keep the production kolab  server running.

John