Horde show me no portal, kalender and adressbook

Nikolaus Klumpp nick at netdome.biz
Thu Jan 20 07:40:52 CET 2011

On 01/20/11 06:53, Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
[..]
>> Our Kolab server is hosted off-site. PST files of six GB will take about
>> 3,5 to 5 hours on an 10/10 Mbps line.
>>
>> There will be residue messages - appointments and similar - which will
>> not be fully imported, but we're quite happy with Toltec's simplicity
>> and performance. Some of our users would like not to stop using Outlook.
>> If they persist :-), we will be buying some (more) licenses. Toltec's
>> done a good job and the connector's fair priced.
>>
>> The user did not insist (yet) on his old calendar being re-enabled. He
>> argued: "Those are all things of the past" ;-) On the other hand, after
>> I read this thread, I guess I will tweak - again - PHPs memory
>> management and give it another shot. memory_limit was already at 64M.
>
> Yes, 64M is the default value we use on the Kolab server. This is rather
> low
> though and if you have some decent hardware it shouldn't be a problem to
> increase it. At least if you don't have tons of users solely using the web
> client. The main reason the value is low is that we want to avoid impacting
> other functionality in the standard installation where the web client is
> present on the same machine as all the other services.

I'd like to see most of our users using the web interface as our
workforce is spread throughout the country. Out IT dept is too small to
give support for each and every desktop client out there. Actually, we
are supposed to be developers. ;-)

Well, memory usage might be a concern someday. But otoh, debugging
memory management issues is a pita especially if one's amidst migration
procedures.. :-) If I might suggest putting the default value someday
at, say, 96M?

As for our case, I'd move the web client installation to another machine
if this one grows too small, just as initially foreplanned.

-Nick