Horde show me no portal, kalender and adressbook

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at horde.org
Thu Jan 20 06:53:02 CET 2011

Zitat von Nikolaus Klumpp <nick at netdome.biz>:

> On 01/19/11 21:27, Skip Morse wrote:
>>> [..]

>>> Something similar happened to me last week. We migrated PST files to
>>> Kolab, and one user had a particular large calendar folder (around 30 MB
>>> - NB: Some of our users do have inboxes with >> 2000 messages and
>>> several GB size).
>>> After migration, each and every of his logins failed. It turned out that
>>> the last folder read by the client was.. the Calendar folder. Then it
>>> returned a blank page.
>>>
>>> I finally "fixed" the problem by revoking all rights to the calendar
>>> folder via cyradm.
>>>
>>> -Nick
>
>> Interesting, I'm actually interested in how you went about migrating
>> the PST files, but that's a different email probably.  When you say
>> that you revoked all rights and it 'fixed' it, did you at some point
>> re-enable that folder for the user and have it continue to work?
>
> Actually, the procedure was as follows:
>   Outlook 2007. Install Toltec's connector.
>   Open PST file. Rename all folders to be imported. "Calendar" ->
> "IMPORT Calendar"
>   Reset user's password. (We handed out individual "initial passwords"
> with the last paycheck.)
>   Connect PST file with Kolab mailbox
>   Synchronize.
>   Disconnect.
>   Contact user: "Done. Please change your password soonish."
>
> Our Kolab server is hosted off-site. PST files of six GB will take about
> 3,5 to 5 hours on an 10/10 Mbps line.
>
> There will be residue messages - appointments and similar - which will
> not be fully imported, but we're quite happy with Toltec's simplicity
> and performance. Some of our users would like not to stop using Outlook.
> If they persist :-), we will be buying some (more) licenses. Toltec's
> done a good job and the connector's fair priced.
>
> The user did not insist (yet) on his old calendar being re-enabled. He
> argued: "Those are all things of the past" ;-) On the other hand, after
> I read this thread, I guess I will tweak - again - PHPs memory
> management and give it another shot. memory_limit was already at 64M.

Yes, 64M is the default value we use on the Kolab server. This is rather low
though and if you have some decent hardware it shouldn't be a problem to
increase it. At least if you don't have tons of users solely using the web
client. The main reason the value is low is that we want to avoid impacting
other functionality in the standard installation where the web client is
present on the same machine as all the other services.

Cheers,

Gunnar