Horde show me no portal, kalender and adressbook

Skip Morse skipmorse at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 18:18:09 CET 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 5:12 AM, Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at horde.org> wrote:

>>> I'd assume that you should have a fatal error in the php-errors log
>>> file. The location might vary depending on the Kolab Server version
>>> you use. But you should check both /kolab/var/apache/log and
>>> /kolab/var/kolab/www/client/log. Anything in there?
>
> [snip]
>

>> /kolab/var/kolab/www/client/log/php-errors.log
>>
>> [19-Jan-2011 11:15:55] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of
>> 67108864 bytes
>> exhausted (tried to allocate 78 bytes) in
>> /kolab/var/kolab/www/client/lib/Horde/Kolab/Storage/Cache.php on line 174
>
> This is the likely candidate. A quick workaround might be to increase the
>
> memory_limit = 64M;
>
> setting in the file
>
> /kolab/etc/kolab/templates/php.ini.template
>
> Does that help?
>
> A second step would be to identify what the cache contains that is so
> big it cannot be read in anymore.
>
> But lets first check if lifting the memory restrictions does indeed help.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Gunnar
>
> --
> Core Developer
> The Horde Project

I don't know if it's a related thing, but I had a similar issue with
one of my users, but I would usually get an error and it wouldn't even
get to the point of logging in (if I remember correctly).  This
happened to be the user with the most items
(emails/contacts/calendar), and shared items as well.  And... they had
never logged in, so I was thinking that might have something to do
with it....

Anyway, increasing that memory restriction worked.  I haven't tried
decreasing it again though since now it 'just works' again..

-Skip