Problem with receiving mail in Kontact

Dennis Neumeier dennismail at gmx.net
Sun Jan 16 11:42:38 CET 2011

Hello,

I just installed kolab under my debian system and now, I am having problems
with receiving mail under Kontact with kmail  1.13.2. kolabd itself is:

2.2.4-20100624-4

I configured 2 mail accounts under Kolab, one for sending and one for
receiving. To make it short, all seems to work. mails are going out and are
delivered to tzhe recipients mailbox. When I look into the mailbox via

openssl s_client -connect mail.myserver.com:993

with the account of the recipient, I can see that the mails are there. But
unter Kmail... Nothing, it even does not display one single folder under the
Disconnected imap I configured to receive mails (I did not change any of the
standard port settings under kmail). Also, when I now rightclick on the
disconnected imap folder in kmail and select check for new mail, it says that
there are no new mails...

I looked into the logs (mail.info, mail.err and mail.log) during checking for
new mail, but no entries at all. Can somebody please give me a hint where the
problem may be?

Greets,
Dennis