Z-Push: Contacts with multiple email addresses and phone numbers

Sebastian Albrink mylists at albrink.net
Fri Jan 7 18:12:25 CET 2011

Hi all!

When syncing contacts with Z-Push, I have some trouble with contacts
that have multiple email addresses and home or work phone numbers.

If I create a new contact in Outlook (Konsec Konnektor) with two email
addresses, they are pushed to the devices into a single email address
field that contains the two email addresses as a comma separated list.

E.g.: A contact with

Email: test.address1 at test.com
Email: test.address2 at test.com

in Outlook becomes

Email: test.address1 at test.com, test.address2 at test.com

on the device. Although the Kolab XML contains two <email> ... </email>
sections.

The devices refuse these contacts when they are selected within the
phones applications (iPhone calendar and Nokia5800XM email app), because
they think the email address format is invalid.

The other way 'round, if I enter a new contact on a phone (no matter if
iPhone or Nokia) with multiple email addresses, only the first will be
synchronized to the Kolab server.

I'd appreciate any help to solve this issue.

As for the phone numbers: A second home or work phone number doesn't
sync at all.

Is there a list of attributes that should be omitted, because they are
not supported?

Environment information:

Kolab Server: 2.2.4
Z-Push Version: 1.5 beta2 (496)
KolabBackend Version : 0.7.2
iPhone 3GS: iOS 4.2.1
Nokia 5800 XpressMusic: MfE 3

I am happy to provide further debug input.

Thanks,
Sebastian