Compiling MySQL into self compiled Kolab 2.3.4

Christoph Wickert wickert at kolabsys.com
Fri Dec 9 17:09:07 CET 2011

On Thursday 08 December 2011 12:37:29 Christian Jantz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am in the need to install MySQL to my Kolab server because of I want
> to use the same server for OTRS.
> Regarding to the Kolab wiki this is possible but I am stuck in the
> install MySQL section.
>
> It says I need to compile MySQL, recompile apache and php, then just
> install OTRS.

That is basically correct.

> But while trying to compile MySQL, I get the following error:
> Installing mysql-5.1.58-20111004.src.rpm
> error: Failed build dependencies:
>      openpkg >= 20100101 is needed by mysql-5.1.58-20111004
>
> Is there any way to update openpkg to the version needed or does anyone
> know a workaround?

OpenPKG has become proprietary, so for us upgrading is not an option. You can
of course do it is you like.

If I were you I'd to the following:
$ /kolab/bin/openpkg rpm -i mysql-5.1.58-20111004.src.rpm

Then edit /kolab/RPM/SRC/mysql/mysql.spec and change the Requires: for openpkg
there.

To build the packages
- download all binary packages and put them into a folder
- put the srpms of mysql, php and apache-php into that folder
- remove the binaries of apache-php and php
- run "install-kolab.sh -X" to generate a new index
- run install-kolab.sh to build and install the packages.

Basically you just need the php-mysql extension and can use the mysql of your
distribution as long as mysql client and server communicate through over
TCP/IP rather than over a socket. This means you need to specify the database
server as "127.0.0.1" rather than "localhost".

Regards,
Christoph

--
Christoph Wickert