Looking for input from Kontact users

Markus Fendt markus_fendt at genua.de
Fri Dec 9 08:27:34 CET 2011

Hi,

the problems sound the same we have in the past.
Setup now:

- kontact e35 special build running on ubuntu 10.04 lts under gnome.
- home folders mounted via NFS on workstation
- 170 users
- wrapper script for kontact (fixed many problems)
	* set kde-Home on lokal disk / RAMDISK(very fast and stable)
        * sync .kde3 only every minute back to NFS (backup reason)
	* with this setup we have no more crashes (problem always  was
writing/reading  .kmailrc over NFS)
- in the moment only IMAP Setup

Markus Fendt

--
GeNUA, Gesellschaft fuer Netzwerk- und Unix-Administration mbH
Domagkstrasse 7, 85551 Kirchheim bei Muenchen