Kolab on opensuse 12.1

Plamen Neykov plamen.neykov at real-to-real.com
Sun Dec 4 01:59:00 CET 2011

Hi Benjamin,

The log file is 5.2MB – I guess this would be slightly too large to attach to an email  - please find the last lines (which indicate clearly the problem) included below:

/kolab/bin/make -f Makefile.in MAKELEVEL= Makefiles

(echo "# Do not edit -- this file documents how Postfix was built for your machine."; /bin/sh makedefs) >makedefs.tmp

ATTENTION:

ATTENTION: Unknown system type: Linux 3.1.0-1.2-default

ATTENTION:

make: *** [Makefiles] Error 1

make: *** [makefiles] Error 2

error: Bad exit status from /kolab/RPM/TMP/rpm-tmp.76085 (%build)

RPM build errors:

    Bad exit status from /kolab/RPM/TMP/rpm-tmp.76085 (%build)

Installation completed.

/kolab/RPM/PKG now contains the installed packages.

Previous contents were moved to /kolab/RPM/PKG.30050.7919.4939.7846

I was trying to install the 2.3.4 version of kolab using the OpenPKG (source) distribution on OpenSuSE 12.1  (kernel version  3.1.0-1.2 – I think the kernel version causes some of the postfix build machinery to fail).

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Plamen