No Kolab address book after setting up a user account using the Kolab wizard.

Christoph Wickert wickert at kolabsys.com
Mon Aug 22 23:00:37 CEST 2011

On Sunday 21 August 2011 13:23:37 Johannes Kehrer wrote:
> Hello,
> I have an OpenSuse 11.4 system and tried to setup Kolab with the "KDE
> Groupware Wizard".
>
> Mail works fine, but in Contacts no Kolab server is setup. I also can not
> do it manually, because the "Kolab Server" host is disabled in the
> selections for new hosts.

Hi Johannes,

here is what you need to do:
0. Open the address book component in Kontact
1. File -> New -> Add Address book
2. KDE Address book (traditional) -> OK
3. Next
4. IMAP Address book via Kmail -> Next
5. name it e.g. "Kolab Server" -> Next
6. OK.

You should now have the Kolab address book(s), however autocompletion will not
yet work. Please set up the resources as described in
http://userbase.kde.org/KAddressBook_4.4

Regards,
Christoph

--