Kolab-users Digest, Vol 86, Issue 10

kiser Caesar kcaesar at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 18 23:23:08 CEST 2011

--Pièce jointe du message transmise--
Subject: Re: Question about kolab 2.3.0
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 10:35:40 +0200
To: kolab-users at kolab.org
From: wickert at kolabsys.com

Am Montag, 18. April 2011, 08:32:08 schrieb kiser Caesar:
> I think now the best choice is to migrate directly to kolab 2.3.0 (debian
> 6.0). I will create a fresh xen vm.

If this is a production system, I suggest you wait for 2.3.1 which will happen
next week.

> But after who can help me to migrate my user's data and ldap to the new
> server ?

There are detailed upgrade instructions for each release in 1st.README. If you
miss something don't hesitate to ask again.

Regards,
Christoph

--
Christoph Wickert
Senior Engineer

Kolab Systems AG
Zürich, Switzerland

e: wickert at kolabsys.com
t: +49 251 871 369 77
w: http://kolabsys.com

pgp: 85DACC63 Christoph Wickert

Hello Christoph,

Yes it's for a production server. So I will waiting for 2.3.1 release.
Moreover I think I was not very clear on my last email.

Currently my kolab server (kolab 2.2.2, debian 4.0) runs on a physical server and I want to migrate to a vm (xen).
I hope to find a way to jump "directly" from 2.2.2 to 2.3.1...
For this I planned to install a fresh vm (kolab 2.3.1, debian 6.0) and today I need to know how I can migrate my ldap to the new server (with slapcat, modification and slapadd as show in tutorial?).
And next to finish how I can sync my "/kolab/var/imapd/spool/..." to the new server ? With rsync ? Or maybe with another process ?

Please help,

Best regards,