kontact on kde 4.6.2

Liutauras Adomaitis liutauras.adomaitis at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 11:48:00 CEST 2011

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 9:55 PM, Heiner Markert <mephisto at gmx.net> wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 13. April 2011, um 13:48:55 schrieb Liutauras Adomaitis:
>> On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 2:12 PM, Andre Heinecke <aheinecke at intevation.de>
> wrote:
>> > Hi,

>> > Afaik KDE 4.6.2 does not come with KMail 2 but still contains a bit of an
>> > older KMail (the mail component of Kontact).
>> > With KMail2 you have the option to configure a Kolab account from Mail ->
>> > Extras -> Account Wizard
>> >
>> > On older KMail 1x versions you can run the program "kolabwizard" to set
>> > up a kolab account.
>> >
>> > If this is also not available this is a problem of your distribution. And
>> > you have to configure imap/ldap/smtp and so on manually for your kolab
>> > account.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Andre
>>
>> I'm not very confident about new versions and etc. I did account
>> wizard from kontact and there was a Kolab option. Now it kind of works
>> but I need to learn Kontact once again (don't understand how calendars
>> and other specific folders work) i will submit a bug reuest to
>> Mandriva regarding kolabwizard.
>>

> Could you probably give a more detailed description of what is not working as
> expected?
>
> Regards
> Heiner
>
>> Thanks a lot

Hm, it is difficut to explain, but I'm not sure how to create new calendar entry
I go to calendar in Kontact. There is a kolab server account as a root
of the tree, then My Data, then Calendar, Tasks, Journal. If i click
any of these nothing changes.
If do Add New Event - silence. If I do new Contact then new window starts.

It is not clear why there is a tree with resources in the Calendar
view and showing tasks and Journals. If i'm in calendar i expect it to
show calendar resources.

Liutauras