kontact on kde 4.6.2

Liutauras Adomaitis liutauras.adomaitis at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 13:48:55 CEST 2011

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 2:12 PM, Andre Heinecke <aheinecke at intevation.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Mittwoch, 13. April 2011 12:52:05 schrieb Liutauras Adomaitis:
>> i've just upgraded my Mandriva to 2011.0 (it is a beta though), but
>> what I'm missing is kolab support in kontact.
>
> Afaik KDE 4.6.2 does not come with KMail 2 but still contains a bit of an
> older KMail (the mail component of Kontact).
> With KMail2 you have the option to configure a Kolab account from Mail ->
> Extras -> Account Wizard
>
> On older KMail 1x versions you can run the program "kolabwizard" to set up a
> kolab account.
>
> If this is also not available this is a problem of your distribution. And you
> have to configure imap/ldap/smtp and so on manually for your kolab account.
>
> Regards,
> Andre

I'm not very confident about new versions and etc. I did account
wizard from kontact and there was a Kolab option. Now it kind of works
but I need to learn Kontact once again (don't understand how calendars
and other specific folders work) i will submit a bug reuest to
Mandriva regarding kolabwizard.

Thanks a lot