since one week problem with clamd who take 100%

Skip Morse skipmorse at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 18:51:07 CEST 2011

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 9:20 AM, Alain Abbas <alain.abbas at libertech.fr> wrote:
> Skip Morse a écrit :
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 12:31 AM, Alain Abbas <alain.abbas at libertech.fr>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> Hello
>>> since one week i ve got on a big installation ( 500 users) a problem
>>> with clamd
>>> sometimes it takes 100% of cpu and the server is at more 20 in
>>> loadaverage.
>>> Just a kill -9 of clamd and a start and all become again normal
>>>
>>> This problem occurs arround  one time by day that block the kolab server
>>>
>>> Anyone has an idea ?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Alain Abbas
>>>

>> What versions of things are you running?  anything interesting in:
>>
>> /kolab/var/clamav/clamd.log
>>
>> ?
>> -Skip
>>

> i run version 2.2.4 in a debian 5.0 nothing in clamd.log interesting
> version of clamav is clamav-0.96.1-20100607

Huh, I'm running older versions so I'm not sure where to check next,
can you tell what the command line looks like if anything (by hitting
'c' while in top)?

Really, those are my only thoughts, I'm sure there are many that are
more advanced than I that should be able to help you...

Anyone?

Sorry
-Skip