Web Presence Revamping Project

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Mon Apr 4 18:24:16 CEST 2011

Hello,

We've been working on revamping the web presence for kolab.org for some time
now, and while progress has been made, because it is not the primary
responsbility for the people currently involved and other projects require our
attention as well, we are reaching out to you seeking assistence.

= What does the project entail? =

Revamping Kolab's web presence currently entails, amongst others;

- Upgrading the website platform from a CVS-controlled HTML-based set of pages
to a full-featured CMS platform, Drupal, enabling us to create a platform with
community-contributed content.

- Consistently applying the Kolab brand and/or identity throughout various
websites, Drupal-based and other, webapplications such as MediaWiki and CGIT,
and documentation (Publican).

- Reviewing and enhancing the user experience when browsing, searching and
reading content, such as the documentation through MediaWiki, the pages on
kolab.org, the links in between either and the Publican documentation.

- Flipping the proverbial switch at the end of the project.

= What we are asking for =

We are looking for individuals interested in completing the project, that can
convince us they can get the job done in a timely fashion (negotiable), to a
satisfactory standard, within a team, and will voluntarily stick around after
the project's completion to continue nurturing Kolab's web presence.

This is not just a CSS theming exercise, as it concerns applications in
different languages including Java, C++, PHP, Python and Perl, each of course
including their own theming engines / methodologies, and infrastructural
architecture and system design considerations to potentially include
modifications to application codebases.

If the former paragraph describes you, and the latter paragraph sounds like
your next challenge, please let both of the following people know your
availability (hours per week) by Tuesday, April 12th, 2011;

- Paul Adams <adams at kolabsys.com>
- Jeroen van Meeuwen <vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com>

Remember to;

 - send us a resume showing off your know-how and prior experience(s), or
 - convince us are the man or woman for the job and you'll be able to pick up
as you go along.

Thank you in advance,

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen