Need help with kolab setup on Debian

Tue Sep 21 21:28:30 CEST 2010

Hi,

I set up kolab using the packages from the repository of Debian squeeze,
following the instructions found on the wiki and it works great (Mail,
Groupware functionality, horde) except for two points I hoped you could help
me with:

1) kolabconf doesn't update the configs anymore. It worked when the setup was
fresh but stopped shortly after. Now kolabconf just runs and (apparently) does
nothing. Is there any way to debug this? (-d isn't really helpful) It's not a
big problem for me since I can directly update the configs by myself but I'd
prefer to follow the official way.

2) I am trying to set up EAS using z-push. Is there any official way to do this?
All documentation seems to point to the openpkg-based setup.

I already tried to use the 1.4.1RC/backend 0.6.2 tgz-package, extracted it
into a directory, added the Alias, installed Kolab_Zpush-0.1.2.tgz and
Kolab_Format using pear but couldn't get it to work. I tried the same thing
with the files extracted from the 1.5 rpm and it worked partially but only
synced one contact again and again to the server. I already got it to work
once using a virtual machine with the openpkg-setup so I know it generally
works with my device (Palm Pre). Maybe I'm missing something important here?

Regards
Helmut