SPAM

Neil Price nprice at gibb.co.za
Wed Sep 15 14:10:44 CEST 2010

  On 2010/09/15 01:53 PM, Nazeer wrote:

> Hi
>
> Is there no other way besides the url
> http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Fighting_spam to do spam on Kolab... I
> am getting SO MUCH spam

One way is to add RBL lists.

Modify your main.cf.template under smtpd_recipient_restrictions

                                reject_rbl_client sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org,
                                reject_rbl_client bl.spamcop.net,
                                reject_rbl_client dul.dnsbl.sorbs.net,

(untested with Kolab but I can't see why it should not work)

A 2nd step would be greylisting. Postgrey works great. Not sure how you
would make this work Kolab though.

I run a separate postfix relay server so I'm not bound with trying to
get this stuff to work with Kolab. I get almost no spam.