Fwd: [Kolab-devel] Kolab-Server-2.2.4 available as Amazon Cloud image

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at kolabsys.com
Fri Sep 3 12:52:38 CEST 2010

Sorry for the double post, this was meant to be sent to kolab-users.

----- Weitergeleitete Nachricht von wrobel at kolabsys.com -----
      Datum: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 12:00:14 +0200
        Von: Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at kolabsys.com>
Antwort an: Kolab development coordination <kolab-devel at kolab.org>
    Betreff: [Kolab-devel] Kolab-Server-2.2.4 available as Amazon Cloud image
         An: kolab-devel at kolab.org

Hi!

It took me a while to get this done but this morning I made an image
of the  newest Kolab-Server-2.2.4 available on the Amazon EC2 system.
The AMI ID is ami-b87399d1.

Instructions on how to fire up such a test machine can be found at
http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab2_on_Amazons_EC2

The usual warnings apply: Don't run a real mail server with EC2
IP-addresses as these are usually present on spam blacklists.

I simply use these images for testing purposes and support cases. This
way I always have an old Kolab server version around in case I need to
answer anything concerning an old version.

Cheers,

Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wrobel