One Time Passwords

MTS Consult info.mts.consult at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 13:31:54 CEST 2010

I dont know of such a thing for any OS-Groupware.

We are currently in the brainstorming process of a safe/secure paranoid
implementation.

Secure Webauth with your own OpenID-Server (thats the key I think). Behind
the Login is a Java App that accesses OTP Tokens or Smartcards. The
Smartcard access with Java stuff is almost finished.

Also we like to take hushmail API and SpiderOAK as basis for true complete
encryption.

If there are programmers who like to help developing such a thing feel free
to get into touch.

2010/10/27 Michael <kolab983 at der-he.de>

> Hi,
>
> I wonder if there's some way to have One Time Passwords for remote sign on
> to Kolab.
>
> Background: I'm using Kolab with Horde and Squirrelmail (I think it's much
> more comfortable for simple javascript-less email purposes) at my private
> Kolab Server. With my own PCs there's no Problem with logging in the common
> way: Username/Email+Password.
> But Horde and Squirrelmail are usable from any point at the World, as long
> as there's a Browser and a TCP/IP-Route to my Server. But I do not trust any
> other PCs where I'm not the Admin. So I would like to use One Time Passwords
> (Einmalkennwörter/Einmalpasswörter) for those purposes. This could be a
> simple list of TANs (Transaction authentication numbers or Passwords) or
> some complex password generator app. Doesn't matter. As long as there's no
> way for password replay attacks.
>
> It seems Cyrus SASL supports OTP, is this compatible with the way kolab
> stores login information? OpenLDAP?
>
> Is there anyone using Kolab in such a manner? I don't know where to start.
>

> Regards
> Michael

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
i.A. Markus Maiwald

Fon:       +31 629 50 70 65

Apple for Works - Linux for Network - Windows for Solitaire