[OL 2007] no free/busy information could be retrieved

Albrecht Dreß albrecht.dress at lios-tech.com
Fri May 7 10:30:19 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I have a problem using free/busy lists with Outlook 2007 and the Toltec plug-in (which iirc is not involved in free/busy list retrieval).

My server is a self-compiled Kolab 2.2.3, and free/busy lists are configured to be accessible without authentication.  Viewing free/busy data in Kontact or Horde works fine.

Looking at the logs on the Kolab server (/kolab/var/apache/log/apache-access.log), Outlook doesn't even /try/ to access the server, i.e. there is *no* entry from this client.  I remember that this did actually work fine in the past, so this might actually be related to a recent security update or a tweak in some security options.  Unfortunately, I have no idea where to look...  BTW, activating Outlooks "troubleshooting" option didn't help either; nothing abut fb lists in the logs.  I have no idea what the "*.etl" files it produces contain and how to view them, though.

Any insight would be highly appreciated,
thanks in advance,
Albrecht.