Kolab installation problem in Lenny

Matías Teplitzky matiastepli at xtech.com.ar
Wed Mar 31 18:24:52 CEST 2010

Hi everyone,

I am a Kolab newbie trying to do the server installation from source with no
success. I am doing so in a Debian
Lenny virtualized environment with Xen. After executing the installation
script,  it always hangs at some point
(sooner or later) of the compilation process. I get no errors, the processes
involved just seem to die (CPU is idle).
After googling, I found out that it could be a problem with the GCC version
(4.3 is used by default), so I tried
using other versions of GCC (4.2 and 4.1), but it didn't help. Note that I
did it either by modifying the symlinks to
GCC or by using  the -O --use_cc=gcc-4.2 option. I will appreciate any tip
or idea to solve this.

Thanks in advance!.

Cheers.