Next Suse Kolab version?

Richard Bos ml at radoeka.nl
Tue Mar 30 21:59:08 CEST 2010

Hi Carsten,

Op dinsdag 30 maart 2010 10:57:23 schreef Carsten Burghardt:
> I am currently in the process to move my Kolab installation (2.2.2) to
> another server and noticed that 2.2.3 is not available for the Suse
> packages. According to the explanation on the Suse webpage this is
> because only the trunk version is packaged. Does anybody know when the
> packages will be updated? I am a bit hesistant to setup a new server
> based on a version which is already outdated.

I guess that I should now that, as I package kolab for openSUSE.  I don't have
the intention to package 2.2.3 as that is rather different than trunk.  I
think that kolab:unstable is up to date till about 2 - 4 weeks ago.

I'm a little confused at the moment, because I see commits to files that I
expect to the appear at http://pear.horde.org, but are added as patches to
kolab openpkg rpms.  I hope that these updates are transferred to
http://pear.horde.org before kolab-2.3 is released.  If the patches are not
transferred, it will be difficult to create suse rpms of the kolab-2.3
release.  But that is the answer, if al goes well openSUSE kolab rpms will be
provided when kolab-2.3 is released.  They should appear in their own stable
repository (e.g. server:Kolab:Kolab_2_3

--
Richard