virtual hosts and kolab/horde

Gavin McCullagh gavin.mccullagh at gcd.ie
Mon Mar 29 15:11:13 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Fri, 26 Mar 2010, Gunnar Wrobel wrote:

> No, that should work. However I assume your cookie domain does not
> match. The default kolab setting is to match the cookie to the
> primary domain of the Kolab server as Horde is usually provided
> within that domain.
>
> Try to set
>
> $conf['cookie']['domain'] = $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'];
>
> in /kolab/etc/kolab/templates/webclient-kolab-conf.template.
>
> Does that work for you?

Yes, it does.  Is that a safe setting to use in production?  I guess it
should be?

> This is actually also the Horde default and I should investigate if
> we can use it, too. I don't remember whether there were scenarios
> where the default setting does not work.

It seems to here.  I had also hoped to change things so that the root was
/clienti (and not make /admin available on that vhost at all).  To do this
without breaking fbview, I had put in:

	DocumentRoot /kolab/var/kolab/www/client
	Alias /fbview /kolab/var/kolab/www/fbview

and changed a couple of the LOCATION settings a little.  However, that
doesn't seem to work, perhaps due to:

	$conf['cookie']['path'] = '/client';

> In any case: I consider the feature to have a Kolab server directly
> offering the web client on the different domains an important
> feature wish. Should we open an issue in the tracker for it?

We can of course.  I'll report one in due course...

Gavin