Problem with Kolab and Horde

Neil Price nprice at gibb.co.za
Wed Mar 17 16:02:21 CET 2010

On 2010/03/17 11:21 AM, Jennifer Botten wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wonder if someone can give me some information on my Kolab. I am
> running Kolab 2.2.1, and for some reason I can access the Horde
> Webmail from my internal network, login in with no issues. When I
> access horde from the internet, it opens the login page but  as soon
> as I put in the username and password, it just goes back to the login
> page without login the user in. There are errors in the log file, the
> log file does not even register the user login in. If someone can give
> me some information regarding this issue, it would be much appreciated.

Hi Jennifer, that is exactly what occurs when the server is not in the
domain that you are logging in with, ie your server has different name
on the internet than on the local network.

One way to fix this is to change the cookie domain to empty. It defaults
to fqdn of your server.

in webclient-kolab-conf.template

$conf['cookie']['domain'] = '@@@fqdnhostname@@@';

$conf['cookie']['domain'] = '';

Thats from memory, and I'm not using a completely standard version of
kolab so I'll try to confirm that for you. But nice to see another Kolab
user in this country. :-)